Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Whew!



This is Sareese.  She's 19.  She's Marcus' cousin.  Doesn't she look sweet? She almost killed me.  And her friend, Lorraine.

This is me.  Notice the helmet. 


At the time, I was joking that I was scared.  You see, I am in the passenger seat.  Sareese is in the driver's.  Lorraine, Sareese's friend, was in the back. I didn't get a picture of her but her facial expression didn't show someone who was comfortable with the seat assignment.  (This should have been my warning to get out of the car.)  However, Sareese needs practice driving before her test in December.  Lucky me,  I volunteered to take her driving to hone up on her skills before the big day.  Let's just say, my left hand turned into a wheel grabber (multiple times) during this adventure and my right foot had a lot of practice pumping that non-existent brake!  I took the chance of having her drive in the dark with fewer cars versus in the daylight with more people sharing the road, in hopes that I would go home in one piece.  That was almost a deadly decision when she decided to take a left onto a road and stay in the lane of on-coming traffic, while insisting she was in the correct lane, until a car came barreling head on towards us!  If we hadn't gotten out of the way in time, I don't think that helmet would have saved me.  Just a guess. 
Whew!  Thanks Sareese for making me grateful to see another day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment