Saturday, November 13, 2010

Simple Things

I've heard multiple times this past week, from parents of older kids, to cherish the time the kids are small because the time flies by too fast.  I don't doubt this is true and have seen how quickly my own boys continue to grow each day.  It makes me sad actually.  I love the endless hugs and snuggles and need for Mommy, even the days when I feel like my body is not mine because in some way or form I have a child clinging to me.
I love that this past week Jaymeson was so excited for me to come read to his class on Friday...I'm still "cool" in his eyes and am hoping I have many more years of that before that changes.
Friday morning I rushed home from work to take the boys to school and read to the pre-schoolers.  I love that Jaymeson was full of smiles and proud to have me in his classroom.  I read two books about Miss Spider.  Jaymeson had a perma-grin through both stories and couldn't quit giggling.  The class thanked me for reading the stories and Jaymeson made sure the kids thanked him too for bringing the book. :)
Mommy time well spent before rushing home to get some zzzz's and pick them back up after lunch. 

And talking about cherishing moments, gotta love the excitement of seeing fresh snow for the first time this year!  Jaymeson rushed to the window and quickly exclaimed, "Mommy!  It's snowing!  Can we go see Uncle Jeramiah now? Can we go sledding?  This is a SUPER SURPRISE!"  It's the simple things...
The simple things:  My boy's excitement for snow. That he is excited to go see his uncle in Colorado for New Year's (because he's been told we have to wait for the snow to fall first).  That he's been dancing and singing to the songs on his daddy's I-Pod this morning.  And most importantly, that he does it all in his underoos!

No comments:

Post a Comment