Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ice Skating

It's a childhood requirement when growing up in Minnesota.
And, surprisingly, it wasn't until last Sunday that Jaymeson and I finally took to the ice.
(Or maybe not so surprising since his dad wants a basketball in his hand during the winter season instead of a hockey stick.)
In any case, Jaymeson got skates on his feet for the first time and the first time in years for me.

There are two differences from the time I learned to skate to now...
A "skate trainer" and helmet.

It didn't take long for Jaymeson to pick up speed using this training device.


And not much longer for my independent boy (who told me as we were going to the arena that he didn't need any help skating) to let go of the trainer and was off....



My little bird on ice. 

Skating wouldn't be complete without a few of these...

Thankfully, I avoided those moves and stayed on my skates.
Not to say that I had my early years figure skating moves and twirls back but staying upright was a great accomplishment for this lady.
 I think we'll have to get back on that slippery surface and do that again soon. 


Now for today's happenings..
After a few days of the boys feeling better, the luck ran out.
Braxton and I visited the clinic again yesterday.  
X-ray didn't show any pneumonia but we are now nursing a fever, congestion and horrible cough.  
Lingering RSV with maybe a touch of a new bug. 
Movie day today and hopefully a long nap this afternoon.

As Marcus was leaving for work this morning he randomly asked, 
"So, do you have any words of wisdom for me today?"
My reply, "Yeah, come home early."





No comments:

Post a Comment