Friday, September 9, 2011

Adjusting

Day 1.
Got a little teary.
Day 4.
Yes, Day 4.
Bawled all the way home.
Me. 
Not the kindergartener.
It's ridiculous really.
Can I blame it on pregnancy hormones?

Jaymeson is slowly adjusting to kindergarten.
Playing alone on the playground.
Dealing with the bullies that knocked down his block tower.
The normal adjustment to kindergarten, right?
He hasn't refused to walk out the door in the morning
so I am hoping that's a good sign.
Today, however, he was clingy again when we got to his classroom
and he didn't want me to go.
Breaks my heart.
So I did what came naturally.
I got in the van and cried.

I'm struggling with the decision to have him do full days. 
He's come home with a headache each evening.
Don't know if it's just the transition, 
the longer days,
or if he's not getting enough water during the day.
Maybe all.
I plan on shooting an email to the teacher this evening
to see her perspective.

In any case, I know it'll take time for him to adjust.
Okay, 
for both of us to adjust.
Hoping it's sooner than later.
And when that happens, 
I'll be breathing again.
Until then, 
I'll comfort myself with random food cravings.
Right now, 
cottage cheese and pickles.


1 comment: